Friday, November 30, 2007

Campbell, Meg


[Photograph: Patricia Reesby]

Meg Campbell (1937-2007)


Contents

Aotearoa NZ Poetry Sound Archive (2004):

CD06

1. Fish
2. After Loving
3. Aftermath
4. Brown Peahen
5. Bee of Anger
6. Journeys
7. Disturbances


Bio / Bibliography:

I was born in 1937 in Palmerston North, the second of five children. At 8 yrs I was sent to boarding school in Takapuna, Auckland. After a year I returned home to Palmerston North and attended a small, private school called Carncot until I was sent to Wellington to boarding school. Continued an interest in English and Drama while at Samuel Marsden from '51 to '53.

I continued my love of the theatre, joining "Manawatu Repertory" back in Palmerston North. In Jan. 1956 I attended a Summer Drama School at Massey College and then headed for Wellington to become a student of Rhona Davis.and sit A.T.C.L. hoping to head for London, and Drama School, there.

In 1958 I married the poet Alistair Campbell and with him had three children, Aurelian, Josephine and Maringikura.

Bibliography:

The Way Back, Te Kotare Press, 1981.

A Durable Fire, Te Kotare Press, 1982

Orpheus and Other Poems, Te Kotare Press, 1990

How things are, (with three other poets), Whitireia Publishing and Daphne Brassell Associates Press,1996

The Better Part, Hazard Press, 2000

No comments: