Friday, November 30, 2007

Curnow, Wystan


[Photograph: Jan Kemp (2002)]

Wystan Curnow (b. 1939)


Contents

Aotearoa NZ Poetry Sound Archive (2004):

CD09

1. from From the Art Hotel


Bio / Bibliography:

I have published 3 books of poetry:

Back in the USA, Wellington, Black Light press, 1989;
Cancer Daybook, Auckland, Van Guard Xpress, 1989,
Castor Bay, proses and pictures, Auckland, Holloway Press, 1996.

My work has been included in 11 anthologies and appeared in 24 literary magazines in New Zealand, the UK and USA. I was a co-founder and editor of SPLASH magazine. 1984-1987.

I have myself or with others written or edited 25 books and exhibition catalogues, curated 24 exhibitions mainly in New Zealand, but also in the US, Britain and Holland. I have presented 39 conference papers in 8 countries. I co-organized the conference, Is Art a European Idea? for the 1994 Wellington International Festival of the Arts. I have co-organised a panel on Cartography and contemporary art for the 2003 International Conference on the History of Cartography at Harvard. My work has been translated into Japanese, French, Dutch, Croatian, German, and Russian.

No comments: