Monday, November 12, 2007

Stewart, Olwyn


[Photograph: Jan Kemp (2002)]

Olwyn Stewart (b. 1946)


Contents

Aotearoa NZ Poetry Sound Archive (2004):

CD35

1. Notice Board
2. Quantum Dandelions
3. The Night of the Pokies
4. Auto da fe
5. Early evening, late summer
6. The ghost of a man you used to love
7. The fall
8. I loved this guy so much it made me sick
9. Child [1-2]
10. Saturday
11. Heartbeat
12. I am/your mother


Bio / Bibliography:


I was born in South Australia in 1946, and came to New Zealand in 1973, having married a New Zealander.

As the mother of a large family, I didn’t start writing seriously until the early nineties, after attending a Continuing Education course at Auckland University, run by Mike Johnson. My first published work was a prose piece entitled ‘Mud, Dust and Angels’, which appeared in Sport 7, in 1991.

While I have engaged with poetry more on a performance than publication basis, I have had poems published in Sport, Printout, Poetry New Zealand and Spin, and make regular contributions to the small Auckland publication called Tongue in Your Ear.

I presently have a book of short stories & novella, entitled Before the Great Western is Ended & other stories with David Ling, and a book of poems entitled Secret Letters to Lonely Sailors with agent Susan Sayer.

No comments: